Iran Energy Perspective
Iran’s energy perspective studies the current and future performance of production, conversion and processing, transmission, import and export of oil and gas and other energy products and finally evaluates energy supply and demand at the national level in interaction with the economic and social sectors connected with the energy development analysis scenarios. Though developed modelling, the necessary ground is prepared for analysis and decision-making and choosing a more secure path in energy development.
Today, energy is a key economic pillar in any country with direct or indirect impacts on the economic, social, political and environmental sectors. Under such circumstances, setting up an integrated database of energy resources with constant and precise monitoring and control over various sectors of energy along with scientific analyses and forecasts through social, cultural, technological, economic, environmental and political indicators as well as investment and pricing, which all influence the energy sector, may provide a national energy outlook.
Meantime, development of technology, environmental concerns, development of new unconventional fossil resources like shale oil and gas, renewable energies, and geopolitical changes in the energy sector would change the future of global energy supply and demand and affect industries in other nations.
Secure, reliable, recoverable and clean energy supply for the purpose of economic growth and improving living standards remains a major challenge of the present century. States need to know where the global energy market developments are headed and how their countries are affected. It would be necessary for them to know how to modify the energy supply and demand mix in order to make maximum benefit from ongoing developments. In light of unpredictable issues influencing the global energy market, it would be impossible to offer precise and realistic projections about the trend of growth in the market. Therefore, governments are seeking to adopt long-term energy scenarios in a bid to study various possibilities and get ready to face challenges. To that end, a variety of models have been developed for various nations to use based on their own conditions and facilities.
Clearly, studying the mechanism of production, conversion and processing, transfer, import and export of oil, gas and other energy products and finally assessing the energy supply and demand based on the energy sector development analyses would pave the way for realistic analysis and decision-making and choosing a more secure way towards energy development in the country.
The main objectives of energy perspective are as follows:
- Identifying and assessing mutual impacts of energy, economy and the environment
- Forecasting final energy demand by dividing energy products in various economic and social sectors
- Assessing and forecasting energy balance for primary, secondary and final sources of energy
- Analyzing optimal methods of useful energy supply for consumers by taking into consideration long-term technical and economic justifications
- Determining an optimal energy products mix and optimal mix of energy supply system technologies in the mid-term and long-term by taking into account environmental restrictions and sustainable development requirements
- Studying energy saving potential and economic assessment in the energy sector
- Estimating environmental pollution emissions and examining the impact of policies on energy development
- Assessing investment and financial resources needed for developing the energy sector
- Assessing the impacts of energy policy on the development of economic and social sectors